Dr Simon C. Peatman
School of Earth and Environment, University of Leeds
For citation information, see Google Scholar.
For my verified record as a peer reviewer, see Publons.
- The role of density currents and gravity waves in the offshore propagation of convection over Sumatra. Mon. Wea. Rev., (published online). 10.1175/MWR-D-22-0322.1. View accepted version: (PDF, 27 MB) .
- The Leeds Africa Climate Hackathon – experiences of running a hackathon and highlights of results. Wea., 78 (2), 36–42, 2023. 10.1002/wea.4246 .
- A local-to-large scale view of Maritime Continent rainfall: control by ENSO, MJO and equatorial waves. J. Clim., 34 (22), 8933–8953, 2021. 10.1175/JCLI-D-21-0263.1 .
- Roles of air-sea coupling and horizontal resolution in the climate model simulation of Indian monsoon low pressure systems. Clim. Dyn., 56, 1203–1226, 2021. 10.1007/s00382-020-05526-6 .
- The influence of air-sea coupling on forecasts of the 2016 Indian summer monsoon and its intraseasonal variability. Quart. J. Roy. Meteor. Soc., 147 (734), 202–228, 2021. 10.1002/qj.3914 .
- Current and emerging developments in subseasonal to decadal prediction. Bull. Amer. Meteor. Soc., 101 (6), E869–E896, 2020. 10.1175/BAMS-D-19-0037.1 .
- West Pacific tropical cyclone-related precipitation in UK Met Office global operational forecasts. Wea. Forecasting. 34 (4), 923–941, 2019. 10.1175/WAF-D-19-0017.1 .
- The Indian summer monsoon in MetUM-GOML2.0: effects of air–sea coupling and resolution. Geosci. Model Dev. 11 (11), 4693–4709, 2018. 10.5194/gmd-11-4693-2018 .
- Isolating the effects of moisture entrainment on convectively coupled equatorial waves in an aquaplanet GCM. J. Atmos. Sci. 75 (9), 3139–3157, 2018. 10.1175/JAS-D-18-0098.1 .
- Intraseasonal variability of air-sea fluxes over the Bay of Bengal during the Southwest Monsoon. J. Climate 31 (17), 7087–7109, 2018. 10.1175/JCLI-D-17-0652.1 .
- BoBBLE (Bay of Bengal Boundary Layer Experiment): Ocean–atmosphere interaction and its impact on the South Asian monsoon. Bull. Amer. Meteor. Soc. 99 (8), 1569–1587, 2018. 10.1175/BAMS-D-16-0230.1 .
- Scale interactions between the MJO and the western Maritime Continent. J. Climate 29 (7), 2471–2492, 2016. 10.1175/JCLI-D-15-0557.1 .
- Propagation of the Madden–Julian Oscillation and scale interaction with the diurnal cycle in a high-resolution GCM. Clim. Dyn. 45 (9–10), 2901–2918, 2015. 10.1007/s00382-015-2513-5 .
- Propagation of the Madden–Julian Oscillation through the Maritime Continent and scale interaction with the diurnal cycle of precipitation. Quart. J. Roy. Meteor. Soc. 140 (680), 814–825, 2014. 10.1002/qj.2161 .
- The effect of the Madden‐Julian Oscillation on station rainfall and river level in the Fly River system, Papua New Guinea. J. Geophys. Res. Atmos. 118 (19), 10926–10935, 2013. 10.1002/jgrd.50865 .
Theses and other research reports
- The Madden-Julian Oscillation and the diurnal cycle over the Maritime Continent: scale interactions and modelling. University of East Anglia (PhD thesis), 2014. View (PDF, 58 MB) .
- Consistency checking and diagnosis of observation and background errors by the Desroziers method. UK Met Office (summer placement), 2010. .
- Uncertainties in anthropogenic radiative perturbations on climate: the impact of plume injection heights. University of Oxford (MPhys project), 2010. .
- The Indian monsoon: atmospheric dynamics, aerosol and the ocean. Weather 74 (2), p.75, 2019. 10.1002/wea.3264 .
- A Teacher’s Guide to Science and Religion in the Classroom. Routledge, 2018. Chapter 16: Awe and Wonder in Science, by , pp.152–158. 10.4324/9781315451954-16 .