Dr Simon C. Peatman
School of Earth and Environment, University of Leeds
|Online:||Google Scholar • Kudos • LinkedIn • ORCID • Publons|
I am a research fellow in the Institute for Climate and Atmospheric Science (ICAS) in the School of Earth and Environment at the University of Leeds.
- Tropical meteorology
- Intraseasonal variability and the Madden-Julian Oscillation
- Diurnal cycle of convection
- Maritime Continent
- Tropical cyclones
- Indian summer monsoon
- Convectively-coupled equatorial waves
See here for full details.
- Severe Precipitation In South East Asia (SPISEA), WCSSP SE Asia (PI)
- TerraMaris (PDRA)
- Ashar Aslam – Severe weather over Southeast Asia
- Isaac Tan (Monash University) – Cold surges over the Maritime Continent
Below are the previous projects I have worked on at the University of Leeds. For a list of all past research, click here.
- Coupled Air-Sea Prediction of Extreme Rainfall (CASPER), WCSSP India (co-I)
- Vertical Structure of Weather over South East Asia, WCSSP SE Asia (PDRA)
See here for a full CV.
|2018–2023:||Post-doctoral researcher, School of Earth and Environment, University of Leeds|
|2014–2018:||Post-doctoral researcher, Department of Meteorology, University of Reading|
|2010–2014:||PhD, tropical meteorology, University of East Anglia|
|2006–2010:||MPhys Physics, St John's College, University of Oxford|